Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
March 21: Read In One Sitting Theme: Top Five books I read in one sitting, and books that will make you read the whole day away.
I thought this post would be the most challenging but the books you lose time reading are the ones that are easily recalled.
1. Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat by Daisy Prescott I literally just finished this book a few days ago. I’m not entirely sure what about it that made me devour it so quickly. The characters were funny, relatable and witty. There was family, love, death, acceptance all rolled into one, surprisingly “light” read.
2. Paris Lights by C.J. Duggan Claire thinks she is being proposed to when she finally visits the Eiffel Tower in Paris, Paris being a long-awaited dream, her love of the city knows no bounds, and instead she is dumped. Instead of turning tail and running, she sticks it out in Paris determined to find her love for the city. A picture of Paris was painted and I can’t wait to visit and see the places mentioned in the book, it was magical.
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green I read this book in one night. Not sure when I started but I finished at 4 am and literally threw the book against the wall (picked it up and kissed it after) and cried a little into my pillow. It was so real, and unexpected and I was not happy. With a few years perspective, I can still say I have a love/hate with this story. #itscomplicated
4. Bang by E.K. Blair Have you ever found yourself with a protagonist that is just so up front about their awfulness that you want to hate them a little and find that you can’t? Well welcome to this series. This is the first book of three. They are all intense, time-consuming reads and the ending of the series made rant, I was pissed for days, my review reflected this. Betrayal, love, redemption, forgiveness, death, mental illness, this series covered a lot and I was emotionally wrung out by the end. #imdone
5. Roomie Wars by Kat T. Masen I’m not entirely sure what about this book made read it all in one sitting, possibly because it was just a page turner, it had the quintessential clueless female, near death experience, falling in love with your roommate type situations but it somehow worked. I mean they spent forever denying an attraction and when they admitted something was there it just wasn’t the right time and I respect that. When an author doesn’t just cut you off at the knees, like, “hey, they admit they’re in love…the end.” No, there was more than that, years of more and I thoroughly enjoyed it for that reason.
For once I think I could have done Ten but time was limited. Comment your thoughts and link to your site, I’d love some more can’t put down books to read!