Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
July 8: Top Ten Book/Blogging Confessions
1. Biggest Library Snob I don’t know if its snobbish but when I got to library and I check out their adult and NA section and I look up authors and if they don’t have most of an authors famous works or some obscure novel that I feel they should have on their shelves because I can GUARANTEE people will want to read it, I feel as if it’s my sole duty to suggest books for them to get. I’ve done this at three libraries and one of them was a small town library and so grateful when I beefed up their shelves.
2. I dog ear library books and if I’ve checked out a dog-eared book I smooth them all out and ear them at the parts that I like, sometimes its the same as the one before me and that makes me smile.
3. I never know what to say my favorite book is Harry Potter is so cliché right? right?! And I’m older now and you’d be surprised how many book snobs are out there, like Fyodor Dostoyevsky as a favorite author, I call BULLSHIT. But seriously, I should have 5 that I can call upon when put on the spot. Honestly I love books, but there are so many favorites for so many different reasons. Each genre and book played a special part in my life, its hard and mean to choose just one to describe adolescence to adulthood.
4. I’ve never bought a book at a bookstore When I went through my Harry Potter phase, all the books were pre-ordered for me by my parents. Best gifts ever, I never had to stand in line, now we’re in the e-reader age and although I still read physical books I’ve just never bought any before. This will all change when I build myself a library, I swear.
5. I’ve never been to a book signing or convention and I feel like I’m the book lover who’s missing out. I want to experience the magic of meeting an author I admire and having them sign my book or geeking it out at a convention with other book lovers, think of all the friends and new reading material I’d have after!
6. I want to stay at every room in Inn BoonsBoro is Chesapeake Bay all because I read the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy by Nora Roberts and fell in love and when I realized its a real place I was a goner, every anniversary I am going to spend in a certain room, btw Nora Roberts owns this place and the bookstore beside where she does signings ahh I’m freaking out. Seriously check it out here (those are the rooms and they are heaven!)
7. I was adamantly against e-readers I mean, I looked down on people who had them and thought I was so high and mighty for not caving to the devil that is e-books and e-readers and then I got one as a gift or something and now I’m like e-books I love you. I’m so ashamed because I love physical books and whatnot but e-books are so darn convenient. I don’t have to wait for the library to get the book or travel a great distance to buy it, it’s just button clicks away. I understand the craze now. But I gave up a piece of my soul. 😦
8. I’m super lazy so since I have templates sort of I kind of don’t have to change anything on my new posts. Like the color scheme or the Top Ten logo, its uniformed and the same and it takes a load off my shoulders.
9. Reviewing books for authors when I’ve been asked makes me so nervous, especially if I didn’t enjoy the book, it’s like thanks for letting me read it but it wasn’t that great. I feel bad but I refuse to sugar-coat.
10. I’ve moved to a different country and I’m moving apartments for the second time and I’m job hunting, so although I’m still reading and writing reviews when I can for Goodreads. Blogging is taking a huge backseat and is more of a chore than something I want to do ONLY because I’m so busy and tired and I want to go back to enjoying and looking forward to my posts. 😥 I will get there, soon!
Share your Bookish Confessions here, Dish!