Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
May 13: Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn’t
1. All the Pretty Lies by M. Leighton I thought about it Sloane didn’t seem mentally mature enough for me. I didn’t put it down though, I’m not sure if I regret it or not.
3. Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson This book took me back to 1998 literally. I wanted to put it down for that purpose alone. I’m glad I didn’t.
5. Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec I wish wish I had put this book down t I’ve never read a character that I hated the minute they were introduced. Maggie’s whole personality was so off every time she spoke or thought pissed me off.
6. Fallen Crest Series by Tijan I still can’t believe I kept picking this book up again and not just one but the entire series and although I don’t like it ALL that much, I’m waiting for the new one to come out so I can read that too… Sometimes I’m not even sure I know what’s going on. *SIGH*
7. Sweet Thing by Renée Carlino I put this down for 4 months and then I picked it up again, it counts right? I’m glad I finished. It was one of those books that filled a whole inside of me, without me having to like the MC (that’s just a bonus).
8. Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendz A long book highly descriptive book. I don’t know how I made it through.
9. Bully by Penelope Douglas I don’t tolerate bullying. But I continued to read it anyways. I didn’t like how it ended. I would have been more upset had I not finished it.
10. Beautifully Broken Mess by Kimberly Lauren This is the Big Kahuna of Almost Put Down But Didn’t. I didn’t like Audrey from her brief appearance in the first book and as a result I wasn’t even going to pick this one up. But I did. And then I tried to put it down because I didn’t like her. Boy was I wrong! She was just misunderstood, we’re all a little misunderstood aren’t we. Aren’t we?!
What books did you almost put down? Are you glad you didn’t?