Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
February 25: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! (Pick from previous topics that you want to do again or may have missed!
I figured I would do something a little different with this Top Ten Rewind.
Favorite Book Quotes
1.“The trouble with giving yourself a pep talk is, that deep down you know it’s all bullshit.” ― Sophie Kinsella, Remember Me?
2. “I’m gonna try to steal home.” I smiled. “Silly Simon, it’s not stealing if I wave you in” Alice Clayton, Wallbanger ( I love me some innuendos) “I’m gonna try to steal home.”
3. “I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.” ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
4. “You’re good with the words, I’ll give you that.” “I’m good with my hands. Will you let me give you that?” ― Samantha Young, On Dublin Street
Characters (and Literary Figures) That I’d Name My Children After
5. Sylph – I get made fun of a lot for this name, but for some reason I love the way it sounds. It was from a book that I can’t seem remember the title but I have the book cover image ingrained in my mind as well as a general synopsis of the story. I’ve been looking for this book for so long and Sylph is all I have left.
Top Ten OCD Bookish Habits
6. My pulse jumps in my throat anytime I drop a book. So I’ve taken to picking them up, kissing them and telling them I’m sorry. Weird I know.
7. I look for spoiler filled reviews when a book makes me agitated. I need to know the bad that’s going to happen so I can mentally prepare myself.
8. The Wonderful Pigs of Jillian Jiggs & Grandma and the Pirates & Something from Nothing by Phoebe Gilman
9. Love You Forever & Mortimer by Robert Munsch (really anything Robert Munsch)
10. Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White – my first ever chapter book