Enjoy and please feel free to join me, I’d love to hear your own lists on whatever topics are featured.
January 28: Top Ten Worlds I’d Never Want To Live In OR (since some of you might not read stuff with different worlds) Top Ten Characters I’d NEVER Want To Trade Places With
1. Fifty Shades’ Anastasia Steele I would not in a million years want to give up control of my life and have someone tell me what to wear, what to eat or anything resembling Ana life in that book all for some mind-blowing sexy as hell sex. Maybe play here or there, but to make BDSM my life-style, no go, thank you very much!
2. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, Georgia Nicolas You’re life is one embarrassment after another. I want no part of it. Ever.
3. Lily Addicted to You I don’t know what I was thinking when I read sex addict, but it was not glamorous. It was painful, brutally painful. If I ever have an addiction please God don’t let it be sex. I felt ashamed and helpless and I wasn’t even reading about ME or anyone I knew.
4. Emma Thomas Reason to Breathe I may not agree with your reasoning for staying in an evil house but even I can admit I wouldn’t want to ever be you. I would’ve stabbed a bitch. Your life was tough, I’m good with being a third-party looking in.
5. Emmy Clarke Working It by Kendall Ryan. Date a male model? What? Do I look like I need self-esteem issues? I’m a pretty confident girl, secure in my looks and yadayada, I’m fairly intelligent too. But put me in a situation where I’m dating a male model who happens to not perpetuate the “stupid” stereotype, can I get a one-way ticket to the land where this doesn’t happen to me. Dating hot guys, yes. Dating hot celebrity model guy with equally beautiful model woman parading around and me (Emmy) being a bit on the normal on the weight scale, book a first class ticket for me and my insecurities please.
6. Any character from Laurlene McDaniel’s novels Have you read her books? That shit is depressing (to me). I’m near death or have some deathly illness and then I find the love of my life. What terrible timing you have love-of-my-life! Granted I only read one of her books and a few synopsis of others, but after that one book I was like: “My heart can’t take the injustice anymore!”
7. Judith McNaught’s Whitney, my love – Whitney WI love Judith McNaught, well her books anyways. So I decided to take a little trip down memory lane and read the Westmoreland Saga. That was the worst idea ever, having to read through all the terrible things Whitney had to go through at the hands of her Duke of Claymore, I just couldn’t bring myself to read through all the hurt just to get to their HEA. No way would I be her and survive that.
8. Abbi Glines’ Twisted Perfection, Della Sloane Della’s whole existence is painful. Then it becomes less painful because she meets Woods, then she meets Woods’ father and well shit hits the fan. This girls life is not easy, seriously. I’ll sympathize with you from afar. Is that bad?
9. Tate from Penelope Douglas’ Bully I don’t want to fall in love with my bully ex-best friend, no matter what the reasoning. Plus all that BS about love/hate being so close can go back up the poop shoot!
10. Rachel, Something Borrowed I remember while I was reading this that I would never want to be her. Her friend is a bitch and I was joyous when things turned out the way they did. Why surround yourself with such negative people who only want to see you fall?
BONUS! Nick Dunne Gone Girl This book gave me all kinds of mindf*ck. There is no way I’d ever want to be in his shoes. That shit is messed up!
This was hard because there are so many characters I WANT to trade places with.
I’m interested in who you would WANT to trade places with as well as NOT.
I think I’ll post one about that later on in the week, what do you guys think?